- Expand our understanding of the principle of the child’s best interest
- Examine and compare populations’ values and sentiments regarding the child’s best interest
- Explore how different legal systems evaluate and justify decisions based on the child’s best interest
- Investigate interconnections between public opinion and court decisions
- Enhance our understanding of cross-country differences in regard to children’s rights, status and interest
- Explore discretionary decision-making in the field of child welfare
For questions about the project, please contact coordinator Siri Hansen Pedersen.
- Laura Kalliomaa-Puha. LL.D in Law, KELA Research, Helsinki/Turku, Finland.
- Judith Masson, professor of socio-legal studies, University of Bristol, England.
- June Thoburn, emerita professor of social work, East Anglia University, England.
- Jonathan Dickens, professor of social work, East Anglia University, England.
- Jill Berrick, professor social policy, UC Berkeley, CA, USA.
- Katrin Kriz, associate professor, Department of Sociology, Emanuel College, Boston, USA.
- Sagrario Segado Sánchez-Cabezudo, associate prof., Department of Social Work, UNED, Spain.
This project has received funding from the Research Council of Norway under the Independent Projects – Humanities and Social Science program (grant no. 262773).